Michigan Youth Arts, on behalf of the Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs, is offering Michigan K-12 schools grants of up to $500 to pay for transportation costs associated with an arts- and culture-related field trip.
- Applications must be submitted online at www.michiganyoutharts.org/grants no later than 11:59pm on Friday, November 15, 2013.
- The field trip must take place between January 1, 2014 and May 31, 2014.
- Applicants must be accredited Michigan public or private schools, grades K-12.
- Applicants may receive only one grant per grant cycle, per school building, per school year.
- Grants will only be awarded to one applicant per educational institution.
- A certified teacher leading the field trip must be the primary contact.
- Travel and expenses associated with student competitions and/or performances, such as student band festivals, choir and theatre tours are not eligible.
- Incomplete applications, trips without specific dates, and applications without transportation estimates will not be considered.
- Private/personal transportation costs are not eligible (i.e. parent’s cars).
- Teachers: plan your trip to an approved organization, obtain permission from your school principal, make reservations with the organization; obtain an estimate for the transportation costs; and plan to incorporate the trip into the class curriculum. Review the enclosed application questions and ready your materials to complete the application online.
- Submit your application online at michiganyoutharts.org/grants by 11:59pm on Friday, November 15, 2013.
- Applicants will be notified of the status of their grant request, by email, by Monday, December 2nd, 2013. If approved, an Award Letter must be signed by the school principal, and returned either via fax or email by Monday, December 16th, 2013
- FUNDS ARE DISTRIBUTED ON A REIMBURSEMENT BASIS, after the trip has occurred. Awardees will be provided a link and instructions to submit their final report online, and must do so immediately following the trip. Awardees must compile financial information, send letters to state legislators, and obtain a receipt from their transportation provider dated on or after the trip. Final reports must be received by Tuesday, July 1st, 2014.
- Michigan Youth Arts will reimburse the school for actual transportation costs (not to exceed the grant award) within approximately 60 days of receipt of the final report.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call Michigan Youth Arts at 248-545-9200.
Ready to apply? Click “Apply Online” on the left hand side of this webpage.
THINK AHEAD: Make sure to save your information in a separate document for future reference!
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 248-545-9200.
This activity is made possible by the Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs.