ARTS EDUCATION/NON-PROFIT OFFICE INTERN
Michigan Youth Arts (MYA) is an alliance that develops, recognizes and advocates excellence in arts education for all. Its partners include statewide education organizations across artistic disciplines: creative writing, dance, instrumental music, media arts, music composition, theatre, visual arts, and vocal music. The strength of our combined efforts enables us to produce excellent educational opportunities for students, and to advocate for best practices in, and equal access to, arts education throughout Michigan. Our flagship event, the Michigan Youth Arts Festival, is a comprehensive arts spectacular, culminating a nine-month search for the finest artistic talent in Michigan high schools. The 2012 Festival marked the 50th Anniversary of this extraordinary annual event. Additionally, our programming consists of statewide arts education programs, advocacy, and grantmaking. MYA’s office is located in Downtown Ferndale.
We are currently looking for an intern for the Fall 2014 (August-December) or Winter 2015 (January-May) semester.
• Assist the MYA staff with updates to organizational databases related to contact management, fund development, and student registration.
• Assist in providing content for blog posts, tweets, and other social media and promotional materials related to MYA programs
• Edit and update marketing and communications materials including website, monthly newsletter and press releases
• Assist with planning and logistics of the 2013 Michigan Youth Arts Festival as assigned by the Program Director
• Assist with general office support such as drafting correspondence, answering phones, running errands, etc.
• Previous experience working in a small office environment
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, WordPress, Creative Suite, and various social media platforms
• Video editing skills a plus, but not required.
• College education preferred.
The required number of hours per week is 10-15. We will work with you to determine the ideal schedule according to your current situation. This is an unpaid internship; however, we are willing to assist you if you are seeking course credit.
How to Apply:
Please email your cover letter, resume, and a list of references to email@example.com with ‘Arts Education/Non-Profit Office Intern’ in the subject line. .