- 2 free tickets to Arts, Beats & Eats, Oakland County’s favorite summer festival celebrating art, music, cuisine and humanity, during Labor Day Weekend. Now in its 16th year, Ford Arts, Beats & Eats Presented by FirstMerit Bank takes place in Downtown Royal Oak, offering more than 200 performances on ten stages, a Juried Fine Arts Show, and local restaurants with some of the finest cuisine in metro Detroit.
- Tech shirts guaranteed for all participants registered by August 1st. Late and race-day registrants will receive tech shirts while supplies last.
- Awards for the champions: The 5k and 10k run will feature 3-deep overall male and female awards, as well as 3-deep age group awards. You must return to the main staging area to pick up your medal/trophy after the race is completed.
About the Race:
To celebrate arts education, this first-of-its-kind event is sprinkled with unique arts experiences throughout the racecourse:
- Participants will be handed cups of paint, which are to be thrown at a large blank canvas along the course. This will result in the creation of several splatter-art murals, which will be auctioned off for charity!
- Local youth musical groups will open the ceremony at the Start Line, and may even perform in locations throughout the course.
- For family fun, art students will set up free a temporary henna tattoo booth.
To view our photo album from the 2013 race, please visit the Priority Health Arts In Motion 5k/10k Run/Walk Facebook Page.
To view and order high-quality professional photos of the race, please visit RunMichigan.com.
To see race results, ordered chronologically by distance, age group, and gender, please visit the Everal Race Management website.
Art on the Racecourse
2013 Royal Oak “Citizen of the Year” John F. Miller is bringing back his canvas and hoping you’ll be inspired to help him create a new piece of art for 2014. Keep an eye out for him and his crew of volunteers out on the course for your opportunity to create – literally – art in motion! Last year’s artwork raised $500 at auction in support of the Boys and Girls Club.
2014 Course Map – Coming Soon!
Priority Health Arts In Motion will have both a 5k and 10k course. Both will start on Main Street on the campus of Arts, Beats & Eats, and will run down 4th Street into the surrounding neighborhood.
Free Parking will be available at the Sixth and Lafayette parking structure.
We’ll need help with distributing promotional materials, race registration, setting up the course, handing out water, clean-up, and more. All volunteers will also receive tickets to Arts, Beats & Eats. Please email Lauren Mehringer at email@example.com for details.
Donate to Michigan Youth Arts
Support arts education in Michigan by becoming a fundraiser! Visit crowdrise.com/artsinmotion to set up your personal page, network with friends, and run or walk with a mission!